#1 ACL THERAPY IN WESTCHESTER
Clinics in: Briarcliff Manor - Ardsley - Peekskill
CALL 914-488-5763 FOR A FREE DISCOVERY VISIT
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament is an important ligament in your knee that limits excessive internal rotation as well as forward movement of your tibia. It is crucial in providing stability to the knee, especially for those playing sports. ACL sprains and tears are common in sports that involve cutting and pivoting and also contact sports, and can often be associated with other tears, such as MCL or meniscus.
"I have had a great experience doing ACL rehab at Iron Health. Workouts are challenging and exciting.
It is a great place with great people." - Elijah C.
"My post-op physical therapy has been amazing. At the 6 week post surgical appointment with my doctor, he said that I was ahead of schedule because most people were flexing 90 degrees and I was up to 120 degrees. I am grateful for my experience with IronHealth Physical Therapy." - Cecilia S.
LEAVE YOUR NUMBER - WE WILL CALL YOU WITHIN A DAY
If you want a free physical therapy discovery visit or maybe you have a question you'd wish yo ask a Doctor of Physical Therapy, leave your details below and someone will contact you within 24 hours.
We accept most insurance plans.
Call & Verify. 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
No Prescription Needed
- What to Expect After
Phase I (0-2 weeks): Swelling and Pain Management
1. Minimize and Control Swelling/Pain
2. Initiate Quad Activation Exercises
3. Achieve 90 degree’s of knee flexion
4. If meniscus repair performed, can be locked in
extension with more ROM restrictions for up
to 6 weeks
Phase II (2-6 weeks): Mobility
1. Achieve full, pain-free knee motion and a normal, symmetrical walking pattern
2. Begin strength training, proprioception/balance training, and functional activities
3. Introduce bike as tolerated
4. Continue to emphasize quad strength and control
Phase III (6-14 weeks): Strength
1. Continue Progressing strength and conditioning
2. Increasing exercise tolerance and endurance
3. This phase can last longer depending on how quickly you are able to increase strength
4. Symmetrical Quad size and strength compared to non-surgical side
Phase IV (14-24 weeks) Advanced Strength/Running/Plyometrics
1. Develop Speed and Power
2. Continuing to progress advanced/functional strengthening
3. Return to running and jumping
4. Prepare the patient for the demands of your sport.
Phase V (6-10 months) - Return to Sport
1. Similar to Phase IV, but more specific to the individual’s sport demands
2. Sport specific conditioning and movements
3. Agility work to include cutting and pivoting
About Iron Health Physical Therapy
What People Are Saying About Iron Health Physical Therapy…
Early 50's - Croton
Patti’s great one-on-one treatment at Iron Health resulted in complete relief from chronic back pain.
Mid 30's - Briarcliff Manor
Everyone is always in an upbeat mood and always very encouraging. I always feel really great when I leave.
Late 50's - Ossining
Before Iron Health, Annette was losing nights of sleep. Two months later she feels “better than 100%.”
*NOTE: no treatment is provided at our discovery sessions. The more questions you ask the better we can confirm whether or not we can help you.