IronHealth is located in Briarcliff Manor, New York. We are devoted to helping the athlete get back into their game in Westchester, New York, and nearby locations. Now before we go any further, we have to first define who is an athlete.
Who is an Athlete?
- Athletes are those who stay active. It is common for people to think of athletes as only those who participate in a high-level sport but this could not be less true. An athlete is an individual who spends their time involved in any type of physical fitness or sport.
- Athletes come in all ages. Yes, formalized sports are more common with the high school and young population. Sports such as tennis and golf are considered adult sports, and yes those who participate are athletes.
- Athletes are all around us. You will be surprised to know that anyone you meet on a daily basis can be considered an athlete. Behind the work clothes and computers of everyday life, there are athletes.
- Athletes are strong. Anyone who devotes themselves to participating in any type of physical activity can significantly improve their muscle and mind strength. It is common to see those who exercise or participate in athletic activities to have higher pain thresholds, and higher muscle to fat ratios.
- Athletes need recovery time. When you continue to push the limits of your body it is crucial to understand that recovery is a vital component of participation. Recovery can consist of the right nutrition, sleep, supplementation and physical therapy.
Joseph Rendina PT, DPT, OCS
Doctor of Physical Therapy, Board-Certified Orthopedic Specialist
Joseph received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy from New York Medical College and is also recognized as a Board-Certified Orthopedic Specialist. As a former competitive athlete and weightlifter, Joseph understands the specific needs and demands of the human body. Joseph’s goal is to maintain an active approach to rehab while facilitating recovery.